Saturday, September 30, 2006

"You may never know what results come of your action....

.......but if you do nothing there will be no result”

- Mahatma Gandhi

________________________________________________

As I engage in another day of waiting, this quote becomes more important and with meaning than I would have ever imagined that it would. I watch the visit stats for this page skyrocket with the IP addresses of local users, not knowing who or why they are here, but that they are here, nonetheless. I have been taking calls people who I am proud to call friends from all over my community, expressing their surprise, shock and horror at the rumors that they are hearing as they go about their daily business.

I am truly humbled and honored to know that the efforts of my heart and the work that I have chosen to do has caused me to have such an extensive network of extraordinary people who care about me. The love and support that has washed over me like a tidal wave has been the balm for my tired soul and renewed my spirit like nothing else can do. In my wildest imagination, I would have never believed that the simple act of interacting with others with sincerity, compassion and true friendship in my heart would bring so much loyalty, love and caring in return.

God Bless you....all of you who are in my corner and care enough to let me know at this very difficult time. I am truly truly blessed and deeply grateful to know that you are standing with me in spirit, as I travel this very difficult journey. I see your footprints in the sand beside me, and when my footprints cease to be visible, I still see yours and know that in the times when I fear that I can go on no longer, you and God are the ones who are carrying me through......

Much love to you all....

v

PS - In much more exciting and happy news, StrollerGuy has followed through on a very huge personal goal and today participated in a 5k run in Jerseyville, IL. This accomplishment is the culmination of a very siginificant commitment he made to himself, and I am nearly bursting with pride at his courage and tenacity in following this through. I have not spoken with him since this AM before the race, and hope that either he will be here to comment personally, or follow the link at the right to his own blog, where he may share the details with all of us. A humongous "Atta Boy" to StrollerGuy.....I am so very proud to be able to say that I am a friend of yours....