Friday, September 29, 2006

"Good name in man and woman, my dear Lord...


...Is the immediate jewel of their souls:
Who steals my purse steals trash; ’tis something, nothing;
’Twas mine, ’tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed."
"Othello" (3.3.180-86)

___________________________________________________

If you know my name you can find this site,  and as a result find me and my friends as we use this team site as a vehicle for the miscellany that comes from our weird little minds.  To have garnered this kind of prominence in the search results of some of the major search engines is something that most people who use the internet as a vehicle for creativity most certainly are grateful to have.  To have the search return an identifiable result so high on the list with YOUR NAME is a very favorable thing indeed.  For me however,  it is an unhappy circumstance.  It seems that the only people who are looking for me by name on the internet are ones who are trying to damage me, take away from me.  They stalk me as so many electronic sniffer dogs,  trying to find that next little tidbit to offer up that will be the one that will sink the proverbial dagger in my back.  The truly good thing about all this is that I never write anything that is not TRUE. 

My name belongs to me,  good, bad or indifferent.  It represents the person I am.  I assure that everything associated with my name is a thing I can be proud of.  If you have found this site because you have searched using any of the three names associated with this site, and you are amused or mildly interested in what we have to say, that is great. If you have come here so you can have something more that you can complain or deride about,  then you needn't come back.

v