Thursday, September 14, 2006

This is freakin' awesome....

I have just been able to configure my MS Writer app to manage this blog as well as Upon the Catherine Wheel and Once Burned, Twice Shy....no more logging in everywhere to post;  just have to launch one app on my PC and I can switch between blogs,  posting to each one of them without ever having to connect to any of them through a browser (or that awful MSN Spaces dragginess)  This ROCKS!  On top of the coolness factor, this app also has a built in spell checker (which is aware of CAPITALIZATION) which you can set to automatically spell check you post before you upload it....no more excuses for lower case "I"....:-)

Seems that in the context of blogging and internet applications and tools,  I have been exploring and learning a lot of cool stuff lately....this particular blog although indexed and identified with "Blogger"  is hosted on our own web server that we pay for,  as is davidwayneblack.com,  so the actual templates,  tools and entries all reside on my server spaces and I manage them rather than being on the Blogger servers where you cannot get to your own stuff.  I also have been able to create syndication for this website via RSS...the feed address is In The Country of the Blind...  you can right click and save the link to use in your RSS aggregator programs, like Newsgator.

Seems as though I am adding value to my technology experience "package".....this is a cool way to do it, and I look forward to seeing what else I can figure out......

More later....

v