Sunday, October 08, 2006

"Work is love made visible.....

.......And if you cannot work with love but only with distaste, it is better that you should leave your work and sit at the gate of the temple and take alms of those who work with joy."
- Kahlil Gibran
_____________________________________________________
Of all the quotes that have appeared on this site during the past two weeks, this one is most appropriate to close this chapter of discussion. I truly have worked with love; the people who I have served have become my dear and wonderful friends, causing me to grow and expand my knowledge even as I have challenged them to learn and grow. The only distaste that existed was for the lack of a communicative, nurturing environment in my immediate sphere of experience; no growing, learning or discovery was taking place there.

Please don't take this experience of mine as how things must be; continue to show your love in your work....your peers, your students and the community will always be better for your commitment.

Much love to you all....I look forward to our continued contact as the autumn fades to winter....I feel sure that our paths will cross often.

v