Thursday, October 19, 2006

Strange Magic

After everything that has happened in the last month(?) the hits just keep on coming....got a call from the "Shared Services" person (like HR i guess) who has been my contact in the hiring process in the company that I am going to work for, she informing me that HR is holding a learning opportunity for all the Shared Services staff next Thursday and I have been invited to participate. The crux of the activities will be pre-administration of the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument in a privately hosted online evaluation, then the completion of an online e-learning opportunity to cover the implications of the instrument's results.

I have been exposed to this assessment before, when the ex was first employed; I am assuming it is used relatively often in industry to assess and quantify employees and provide them with tools and understanding about themselves and their peers in an effort to create a more cohesive and cooperative environment in which to work. I should have known that specifically from the atmosphere of the office and attitudes of staff....there is a lot of self-awareness there as well as a sensitivity toward peers and bosses. I am pretty sure on what my results will reflect, but am looking forward to the actual results, to see if I understand myself as well as i think i do. I am sure that there are those that will also say that they can predict the result, and you are welcome to express your opinion, although before you do, feel free to peruse the elearning module on HBDI at http://www.herrmanninternational.us/hbdifundamentals/index.html before you express your opinion. You can also go through the elearning materials to create a VERY rudimentary profile of your own, to give you something to mull over.

In other weirdness, it seems that now that I am committed to taking another position, my resume on Monster and CareerBuilder and my profile on BrainBench are now getting exposure. I have had several emails and one very peculiar phone call today, expressing interest in further contact for possible placement in an IT opening. It seems that it is one extreme or the other....never fails....

That's all for now...hope you are well and that good things are happening in your part of the world...I miss you all very much and look forward to hearing from you soon....much love to you....

v