Tuesday, October 03, 2006

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us.....

....what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
- Albert Pike

_____________________________________________________

As I leave you all and the job I have loved more than any other I have ever had,  I impart this piece of advice.  I hope that I have empowered you to ask for what you need;  don't be afraid and don't take "No" for an answer.  You have grown in knowledge and experience in our time together here,  just as you have helped me to learn and grow.  Use your knowledge and experience to your advantage,  and take control of your situation to assure that you receive the services you need.  If you are unhappy, be vocal, let the powers that be know,  right to the very top.  The only way that the careless attitudes will be changed is if they are forced to.

I no longer will be here with you as you act as catalysts for change.  I wish you much success,  and send you my love as I leave this situation and hope to pursue one that will offer me more opportunities like ours together, to add value and contribute to a new IT team and organization.  God Bless you all;  you were the reason that I took so much joy in this position.  I will miss you all more than I can ever express with words.

v