Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On Tuesday....

Today in my part of the world started out damp and gloomy; I awoke to rain and no beautiful sunrise (which I had become accustomed to)…it was dank, dark and cold…not very good for the attitude. The young one was marginally motivated to take care of his minimal preparations to get to school, the weather not much of a help to him either. The drive to the high school to drop him off was punctuated with more than the usual number of careless, rude drivers (mostly coming from the parking lot of the board offices) and the wait to turn out of the school driveway after I dropped him off was longer and more frustrating than usual as well.

I stopped at the Speedway gasoline station/convenience store, as has now become part of my routine, to get my hit of energy drink and sometimes a little bit of something to munch on for a semblance of breakfast. As I was walking into the store, I saw a friend from the district that I had not seen since I left, and was greeted with many hugs, smiles and “we miss you so much….are you doing OK?” We stood in the store and chatted a bit as she shared with me the current situation of things from her perspective. Her own job is still much in question, after way too much time, and she is just hanging on until she has enough years in to leave….such a sad state of affairs to be in for an adult person in the time of their lives when things should be comfortable and FUN….to have a job hanging around your neck like an albatross, causing you grief every day and robbing you of enjoying both your working hours as well as your off ones. As we became aware of the time, we parted company, hugging once again and promising to keep in touch…I know I will; there are just too many friends there not to….

The drive to work was wet, could have been dangerous, but was not, and very slow. Traffic was heavy and backed up, there was a stalled semi truck at the top of the ramp that I must take to get to work that was keeping the exiting to a snail’s pace. Just as I approached the truck, however, it roared to life again and moved on down the road; the state highway patrol folks followed in their cars, and all was again right with the driving world. I headed to the office, parked (badly, for some reason today) and gathered my things to head off to the building. It was still raining as I walked across the lot, and I thought thankfully that it was good that I had not spent a ton of time on hair this morning….it would have all been for nothing! Once in the office, I feel I must have shaken much like a puppy coming in from out of the rain to shed the water on my hair and jacket before it soaked me through, then set up my computer and started out my day. It has been quiet today, so I have been doing research on some issues ongoing, and generally catching up on the news of IT and updating my subscriptions to technical publications. Early this afternoon, the book that I had ordered from Apple arrived, “Mac OS X Tiger – Killer Tips”, by Scott Kelby….hopefully this will help me as I get fully back into supporting Macs…it has been coming back to me, and gladly I love it as much as I used to. I still use my Windows machine a great deal, but more out of habit now….I choose it first because it is the machine that I have tweaked the most and used the longest, at least for right now.

Young one and firstborn both working tonight, and Ann either will be working or have rehearsal, I think. It will be a quiet night for me….perhaps I will even get one or two things done that I need to in the **gasp** housekeeping category…..I know…can you BELIEVE it?…especially since you know how much I HATE to do that sort of thing!

In any case, that is pretty much it for now…still not on a daily schedule of posting, but am trying hard to get everything back in balance…I have so much that I am behind on…feeling massively guilty about it, but that is not getting it done…will have to write out a calendar to make me visualize my time and how it all can fit in….and it does need some action soon….there are others who are depending on me….

Hope you are well and happy….will be back soon with more…till then…much love to you…

v