Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The I-75 Rivalry - LOCAL VERSION

University of Toledo RocketsBowling Green State University FalconsSoo...for the first time ever, since I have lived in the Toledo area ("mumble,mumble" number of years!)I will be going to the richly contested rivalry game of UT vs BGSU. The two schools are practically within spitting distance of each other in the grand scheme of distance...and with the young one going to UT next fall, and in the marching band hopefully to boot, it was a rare and wonderful opportunity that we could not pass up when Ann let the firstborn know that as a current student there, she could purchase up to four tickets...

There are a lot of UT alumni that insist on going to this game every year, and some that I would not want to run into by accident, but the game is at UT in the Glass Bowl (which is pretty huge) so the possibility of "bumping into" anyone is pretty much slim to none. Beside that, there is no way that I am going to let the thought detract from the enjoyment that I know we will all have when we go to the game tonight....a family function, with the firstborn and Ann in attendance as well.

Can't wait, because as soon as I get home, I will be throwing on the UT hoodie, grabbing my keys on their pink UT lanyard, and hopping in the car to head on down to the Glass Bowl. Will post photos and details when we get home tonight...after the thaw, if the night air gets too cold! Back later...with much love to you till then....

v