Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Hmmm.......

Was sitting on the couch this morning, deciding what I am going to do for today, listening to the traffic on A1A outiside my hotel, and the workers outside my room. The door to the balcony was open, which has been my practice since I arrived here, both to bring the smells in from outside as well as take the rarified "hotel smells" outside.  I was drifting off somewhat, when I noted movement out of the corner of my eye, in the direction of the door, and looked up just in time to see a large pigeon crossing the door sill.  He hesitated just for a split second then proceeded to take steps toward the interior of the room.  I shouted "Shoo! Shoo!", which seemed to disconcert him somewhat and he retreated to the balcony.  He was not, however done visiting......I glance up again a moment later to see him again walking in the door, this time with more determination.  I tried to simply shoo him again, but he was not having it this time....I had to get up and chase him onto the balcony, where a cohort was waiting, obviously acting as lookout.  As my visitor ran back onto the balcony with me in pursuit, his partner in crime took flight, my intruder close behind him.  All in all a very interesting early morning encounter......dang it though, the camera is always somewhere else when you could really use it!

That's it for now.....off for a shower and then some lunch.....I could really get into this relaxed kind of schedule.....not much money in it though!  Till later, much love to you.

V
--------------------------
Sent from Vicki Timman's BlackBerry Wireless Device