Monday, March 19, 2007

A couple things..

The most important thing, the young one's audition for the College of Music at UT..it went very well, I thought, but anyone who knows the young one can only imagine his impression of it :). We now have to wait for a couple weeks for notice about the particulars, but I personally think that is just a formality!

Secondly, I have taken a week off from work and have limited internet access.  I decided a little while ago to take a trip I have been wanting to take for a long time, and opportunity presented so I took it.  As bad an idea as it sounds, I am in Daytona Beach for five days the week after "Bike Week".  So far it has been nice, except for the construction all day at the hotel that I am in..up side, I wake up, walk out on what passes for a balcony and look to my left and see the ocean.  I was up very early this morning and went out on the beach to watch the tide come in and the sunrise.  I just got back from a walk up to the pier, which I remember with fondness from a visit here a long time ago.  The walk on the beach was nice, cameras in pockets, iPod clipped on...found a couple shells still unbroken from the tide. I will do the typical tourist thing and bring them home to give to some kids I know.

I will continue to post throughout the week here, this way- if you want to get in touch with me, email to my work account or call or text me on my cell phone.  I wish you were here with me... I will do my best to share it with you.  Till later, much love to you,

V
--------------------------
Sent from Vicki Timman's BlackBerry Wireless Device