Monday, May 07, 2007

Thirty years ago at this time....

Giving credit where credit is due...On this date in 1977, the Norwalk Trucker class of 1977 was preparing for the last events of their high school careers. Prom was coming up and the graduation date of June 9th was fast approaching.

I personally was frantically putting all the last arrangements in place to attend BGSU in the fall. I had auditioned at several colleges with mixed reviews; my audition at BGSU had definitely gone the best and at this point acceptance to the college had been received. I had made the choice to declare a Music Performance major and decided that I would also take some programming courses, building on the little bit of BASIC I had learned in high school. That, more than my musical training fed into my adult life in technology...I had a penchant for it even then, although I did not see it as the work I would do later.

I think of this for two reasons...my own young one graduating in about a month, and contact that I have recently had with several classmates regarding the class reunion for the Class of 1977. I was a quiet one in high school (I know, can you believe it??) and not too many there knew me very well. It will be interesting to see where everyone has gone and what they have done...I feel sure that there are many successful folks in my class, because we had many very talented and bright people as members in high school.

Check out this link for Norwalk City Schools, including Norwalk High School, Home of the Norwalk Truckers (long story). This is my alma mater and my home town...lots of memories there, some very wonderful and some really awful, but all part and parcel of who I am...hope you enjoy...

Till later, much love to you...

v