Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"I can't stand the rain....

I can't stand the rain.."....Against my window
Bringing back sweet memories
I can`t stand the rain
Against my window
Because he`s not here with me..."

-Tina Turner, I Can't Stand the Rain

________________________________________________

And there certainly has been a lot of it today...started heavy and loud at the office early afternoon and sporadically continued throughout the afternoon and evening. I however, had nothing to do with it, because I worked until very late tonight on a machine that is laden with adware/malware/spyware, trojans and viruses. The crap had such a chokehold on the machine at one point that even basic system functions were not available, and after several hours of cleaning and having new issues manifest, I finally started an alternate anti-virus/spyware product running and left for the night...good thing too... one of the first things it told me was that crucial files for our corporate anti-virus client were affected, and the behaviour of the machine told me that something was making sure that corrections were not easily going to be made to that situation. I look forward to going back in the morning to clean the machine the rest of the way...it will feel really good to get it working again without having to reformat the drive (which is often the more expeditious way to fix it, but where is the learning or the FUN in that?)

For now, off to bed...a very very long day today...much love to you...back tomorrow with more...

v