Saturday, May 12, 2007

May 12, 2007 - NV Wildcat Prom

Sara's CorsageThe young one's prom today....stressing out pretty much over....all the preparations have been made; there is very little that needs addressed, other than the last minute dressing and primping (I have found that GUYS do it too!) and then going to spend an enjoyable evening with his Sara and their friends.

I am posting this at about 2:30 PM EDT, after a morning of recreational travel, lunch and finally a visit to the florist with the young one. The photo included at the top left of this entry is the corsage that the young one will be presenting to his Sara at her house in a mere hour and a half...yes, hour and a half...they are meeting at her parents house to allow the obligatory photo-taking of the parents, then will travel to the fire station to have the group photographed with a fire truck (don't ask me...I have NO IDEA!) Then, it is downtown to the hotel where the event will actually be held, with valet parking, dinner and dancing, all financed by the industriousness of the young one's student government folks. At about 11:00 PM, it will be travel back to our town for after prom events at the high school till whenever...

I will be back to post more and an official PROM PHOTO after 6:00 PM sometime...keep the young one in your good thoughts for a fun but safe evening....much love to you...

v

____________________________________________________

6:00 PM

The young one and his Sara - 5-12-07The young one and his Sara on their way. The young one and I arrived at his Sara's house at a little after 4:30 PM (my fault...story for a different time). There was lots of activity at the house...appliance delivery that they had been waiting for for some time had decided to occur at the same time as the young one and his Sara were getting ready to allow photos and then depart to start hooking up with friends. Sara's father and I retired to their very pretty and green back yard, and the photo shown here as well as quite a few others were taken. I will be posting the photos that I personally think are the best ones on Flickr so that they will cycle through my Flickr badge at right...

The young one was quiet but seemed happy as they departed his Sara's parents house on their way to their next stop, his Sara's best friend's house, to start gathering the entourage to head downtown. He hugged me tight and said "Thank you" when I wished him "Have a great time" and "Be careful"...he makes me so proud...and he and his Sara look so happy...I hope this night will be special and one that they will always remember with pleasure...sharing a very important milestone with the one he loves...what could be better than that?

Back with more later...will see the young one on his way from the dance to the after prom....till then...

v