Saturday, May 05, 2007

More news on the "graduation front"...

Giving credit where credit is due...When I got home yesterday, the young one helped me get all my crap from work in the house and situated, then we shared our days. He told me that interim grades were released today and that he is still on track to NOT have to take the finals at the end of the year. Unfortunately, however, because of the number of absences he has had this year (5..not a lot IMHO) he will have to attend classes on the "Senior Skip Day"...he looked at me with a wry smile and said, "Good thing I hadn't planned anything for that day, huh?" Nice he has a sense of humour about it, I guess.

The coolest part of his day was when he was summoned to the classroom of one of the senior class advisors. She indicated that the grade point average that he has maintained throughout his high school career has qualified him to be awarded the "Honors Medal", which he will wear with his cap and gown (and other stuff, I hope!) at graduation. Further, all honors medal award winners are seated in the front rows of the arrangement during the ceremonies, which means a great deal in a class the size of his. I am extraordinarily proud of the young one and the continuing recognition he receives for his accomplishments...only our family knows how hard won they all are and how much he truly deserves them. The photo included with this post is of his Honors Medal...I look forward to posting a photo of the young one wearing it with his cap and gown in about a month from now.

Off to participate in the "Day of Flickr"...should be exciting to watch it take shape....

Back later...much love...

v

____________________________________

Interesting aside - The website "How Many of Me?", which supposedly searches for names, based on criteria you provide and tells you how many exist in the US of the combination, indicates that I DO NOT EXIST - just an FYI.
____________________________________

carl milles - wingsBack from photo snapping and finally done sorting through the several hundred I took, to share my choices with you in my album on Flickr named "24 Hours of Flickr" Only one photo can be submitted by each participant...the one shown here at the right is my choice. It is a sculpture from the Sculpture Walk at The Toledo Museum of Art called "Wings" by Carl Mille. It is one of many pieces outside the museum on the grounds; photos of several others are also in my album.

If you have time please take a look at the pool of photos for the project...at this writing we are nearing one thousand submitted. As the pool populates, it should be quite interesting to view them all.

Till later, much love...

v