Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Getting to know you....

No cube walls...we will get to knwo each other a lot better (for better or worse)"....getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me.
Getting to know you, putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea.

Getting to know you,
Getting to feel free and easy
When I am with you,
Getting to know what to say
Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy
Because of all the beautiful and new
Things I'm learning about you
Day
by
day."

- from the musical The King and I
_____________________________________________

In preparation for the company move to the new client destination, the cube walls all came down today. The columns that the walls attach to that also contain the data, voice and electricity for the spaces were torn down as well, making the office look very disheveled and in flux. In addition, the tiny barriers that (little did we know) buffered us from each other as we talked on the phone or to each other, now gone, created a very interesting "voices carry" sort of effect, causing some consternation for folks whose jobs depend on them conducting professional-type conversations on the telephone with clients. We will all have to be very conscious of volume levels, and courteous to each other...it will not be that long...only about two weeks...but it could definitely build or stress relationships, depending on how people handle themselves. I personally have to make a humongous effort to tone down, being a rather effusive person normally...I definitely don't want to add pressure to the folks around me who are already in a challenging situation.

My mantra during the day (at least for the next couple weeks!)..."less is more" and "don't harsh your neighbor's mellow"...wish us all luck...should be a real hoot!

That's it for now..much love to you...

v