Monday, July 28, 2008

Things I missed last week....


  1.  The second week of \"The Root Olympics\" (turquoise placed 3rd overall - yay!)

  2. An \"in the moment\" recounting of the young one\'s day at Put-in-Bay (although the photos were absolutely awesome)

  3. Server outages on Thursday

  4. Lots of emails

  5. Phone messages

  6. ( this one made me very sad when I heard of it ) The death of Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose \"last lecture\" about facing terminal cancer became an Internet sensation and a best-selling book.  The YouTube link included here is to this wonderful, moving lecture - it runs almost one hour and one half in length but is worth every second you invest in the watching. 



Back at work today, and catching up - with people, with emails, with resolutions to problems to all the stuff that backed up while I was away....I will admit that I approached return with a little bit of reluctance, but in a very few moments among the people who I consider both my customers and my friends, I was \"back\"....it was interesting to experience...to say it felt as though I was never gone would not be totally accurate...it felt more like reconnecting with friends I had been away from for awhile....it was a good positive vibe....


Oh well, I guess that\'s it for now....till later, much love to you....


 


v