Monday, February 04, 2008

Before the lights are on..

Casey's FishI am here in the office early many mornings, to get things started, and especially on Monday to get a jump on stuff that may have occurred over the weekend. This weekend I was here each day for a little while to do some things that could not easily be accomplished during "regular hours", so I have spent a lot of private time here over the last few days.

As I pulled into the snow covered parking lot at about 530 AM, I noted that there were two other people there in cars...one was a police officer in his cruiser sitting toward the back of the lot (which is why I am never afraid to come in early) and the other one of our sales managers, prepping for out of town travel for client work. I walked on to the imposing front doors of the building to let those folks do whatever it was they were doing and swiped myself in, heading upstairs to my cube.

As I walked toward my space, and my eyes became accustomed to the darkness, I began to observe some very cool things that you really don't notice much in the daytime..the patterns that the lights from outside make as they cast their shadows on the ceilings and floors...the soft glow of computer monitors and FISH TANKS that wait patiently for their respective owners to come in to take care of them....I pulled out a camera and took a walk...photos posted in the latest Flickr album...Casey's fish tank at the top of this entry..

That's it for now...hope you have a great day (for a Monday)....Happy Birthdays go out to my dear friend from high school and also the daughter of "Strollerguy" (aka David Wayne Black)...I am thinking of both of you and sending you lots of love on your special day...

till later...

v