Friday, November 02, 2007

Metamorphosis....

In the span of just a few hours, my work life will change dramatically....my direct supervisor, who I have come to depend on to guide and inform me, is transitioning out of his roll at our company. His departure will leave a huge void in my day to day IT meanderings, both in the quality of the experience and my comfort level. He is such a knowledgeable and accessable IT person, and his wealth of experience in this particular organization has helped me navigate the very tricky territory of balancing IT needs, responsibilities and user personalities, enabling me to maximize my strength as a service provider and build trust relationships with some very difficult people in the company.

I will miss him very much, as will the organization, for some time to come. Although selfishly I would like him to stay, I personally wish nothing but success and great happiness for him in whatever endeavor he decides to pursue....the organization will adapt in time, and I hope that the knowledge that it is all that much better for him having been here is a source of pride and pleasure for him as his mind wanders back to those days from time to time.

So..an informal farewell gathering at day's end...hugs and best wishes on his future and ours as well....

That's it for now...till later, much love to him and to you.....

v