Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Apologies....

As my friends all know, I started my new job on Tuesday....it was also the young one's 18th birthday, and Halloween, so all in all it was quite the day. The young one got to spend time with his Sara yesterday, and his dad finally made contact with him after what feels like an extended absence. I know he is keeping tabs via this site, so I have been very disappointed that he has not been supportive enough of the young one to acknowledge his accomplishment of admission to UT, let alone so many other things that happen during senior year that he just chooses not to participate in. Not sure what is at issue here, although there are suspicions, and as such I can only say that the choices are his to make and the results are his burden to deal with.

After two days in my new IT position in industry, I can honestly say that I feel like I am "home". There has been much to become accustomed to, beginning with the work hours (regular business hours, not school hours), the attentiveness of the Shared Services Team members to my new employee needs, the truly friendly attitudes of all the staff members, and the absolutely fantastic feeling of knowing that I am working where there are lots of hard working, creative people. My close coworkers are generous with their time and expertise, not hoarding their knowledge, but imparting it when asked, to the benefit of myself and everyone else in the company. I am becoming familiar with the network and the applications that are in use, and trying to absorb so much fundamental information that is absolutely necessary for me to be able to do my job. The company as a whole cultivates a very comfortable and easy flow of communication, which I am coming to know does not happen by accident. The reason that my interview process was so extensive is because it is that way for everyone and with very good reason; it takes a very special kind of person to be a member of this organization. I am extremely humbled and honored to have been chosen over other qualified candidates as a person with the right kind of qualities to be hired. It is my goal to make sure that they never regret their decision, and to add value to both the IT staff and the organization as a whole. It is my distinct pleasure to share my new email address with you; please feel free to contact me if you like, although since this is my work account, I will be replying to you after my regular work hours.

That's it for now..sorry I have been MIA...there has been such a flurry of activity here that there has been little time to post, but promise that I will try to get back on a regular schedule.....till tomorrow...much love to you....

v