Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Everybody sing!!!!

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Sheryl, Happy Birthday to you....."

So, the old job has been so ingrained in my life that this morning, my cell phone and my calendar obediently reminded me of the perpetual annual event that resides on my personal calendar to prompt me to do something thoughtful for my ex-boss...the irony is that I did send an email birthday wish, with no malice intended...it seemed like a nice thing to do. Those things still come up regularly as the year goes by...things that were important in the context in which the original entries were saved to my calendar....not so much now, especially when giving consideration to all the things that have happened. But, through everything, they are all people that I know - and in the (some believe) strange way that I have of letting go, I still think of them...more with curiosity now than anything else, and often at the prompting of the calendar rather than in spontaneous mind ramblings.

In any case, I wish you well, my dear...suffice it to say that even with the daily challenges I face, I am fine...and continue to move forward and grow, as a person, and as an IT professional. Thank you for the kick in the ass...it has been a blessing in disguise.

That's all for now...till later, much love to you,

v