Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Anything I say now would sound like pissing and moaning....

I really do NOT like winter...I am NOT a cold weather person (nor a sweltering heat person) and the bitter winds and below zero temperatures reminded me why my heart's fondest desire is to move to Key West and start an internet cafe somewhere in a small corner of Duvall Street, serving iced coffee, fruit smoothies and internet access to the visiting tourists. Never having to wear anymore than flip flops and casual clothes...strapping down some laptops on the counter during the day and locking them up at night...then walking down the street to grab a drink at Sloppy Joe's...especially in the miserable Ohio winters, my mind wanders to that fantasy every now and then...

It has been bitterly cold here since Sunday, and the schools have been closed for two days now due to the sub-zero temperatures during the day. The drive home was horrible tonight, as it began to snow mid-afternoon and no pre-emptive strike was made on the buildup on the roads. The traffic was moving at a snail's pace, and with good reason...the accidents due to the slick conditions were numerous...my biggest fright, a Jeep spun out directly in front of me...lost control on black ice, swerved right then back across left, amazingly without hitting anyone, and then headed for the guard rail in the median, hitting it head on, then bouncing slightly back, to end up facing the wrong way in traffic....astonishing...I was never so happy to be home as I was after that white-knuckle drive...

So...tired, cold and did I say COLD??? That's it for now...more later...much love to you...

v