Friday, February 22, 2008

Microsoft "SkyDrive" offering officially out of "beta"....and other stuff

Lots of things going on and it is only 1030 AM.....found out that my cool and favourite perk from Microsoft, as a person who maintains a MS "passport", SKYDRIVE, is officially out of beta status. The best part of this development is that this morning I noted that my beta 1GB sized SkyDrive is now a whopping 5GB!!! SWEET!! Now to give some thought to the stuff I want to have access to from EVERYWHERE!....and as much as I resist, I have to admit, I really do LIKE what MS is doing with the whole "integrated experience" thing, even if some see it as a bit "big-brotherish"...I will continue to think this way until they prove me otherwise...

In other news...I went in early this morning to prep for a training session to be facilitated for Rootsters by an outside vendor. Prep included loading files on the class flash drives, configuring and deploying a temporary network for the training room, finding and deploying the laptops and AV equipment to be used, as well as providing power for all those things....I was pretty sure I had planned for plenty of time, arriving at the office by about 6 AM for 830 AM class start, but when I arrived, I found that there were other things that needed my attention that were much more serious....beeping in the data center....and a rush of heat out the door when it was opened that took my breath away....the HVAC system had shut down and the heat from the equipment was spurring the temperature rise, potentially causing damage if left to continue...

Fans were set, calls were made and then the HVAC company arrived to take care of the problem...all the while prepping flash drives, collecting "parts" and eventually leaving the HVAC guy to his own devices in the datacenter while I assembled the conference room....bottom line...all done...all happy....good day....I think I should take this "empowered" feeling and go home RIGHT NOW....perhaps apply it to a little house cleaning....hmmm....

Hope you are having an "accomplished day".....much love to you till later....

v